ABOUT US

Friday, June 11, 2010

Good Find #44: Bird in my hair


(Pictured above: my happy self in a pair of Coral Flicker, Owlita designs)
I was on the way to the craft store one cold wet day in hopes to find feathers in natural and neon colors. I wanted to make a large earring of long soft feathers that flow into my hair. Just before leaving, I googled to see if there were any inspiration pieces out there already.. low and behold I stumbled across feather creations made by Ashley- an Oregon raised artist who brands her pieces Owlita. Such pieces were first inspired by Ashley's encounter with an owl that resided in her backyard. I currently have pigeon residing on the top of my chimney whose cooing echos into my living room as I type this - perhaps this is what inspired me in the first place. But for now, I continue to be in awe of Owlita's whimsical and charming designs.

2 comments: